[powerstation-owners] SLOF source code available

Thu Dec 4 15:23:59 MST 2008

On Thu, 2008-12-04 at 23:17 +0100, Pattrick Hueper wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 4, 2008 at 11:07 PM, James Bottomley
> <James.Bottomley at hansenpartnership.com> wrote:
> > On Thu, 2008-12-04 at 23:00 +0100, Adrian Reber wrote:
> >> On Thu, Dec 04, 2008 at 03:21:16PM -0600, James Bottomley wrote:
> >
> > Because that's what the instructions in FlashingSLOF.pdf in the root of
> > your git tree say to do ...
> >
> > So the mechanism I should be following is simply to execute
> >
> > update_firmware -f net:<file>
>
> The command should be update_flash -f net:file

So where does this update_flash command come from? I can find it in the
takeover slof, but it doesn't seem to be present in my default boot slof
(JX-1.7.0-3); it just gives me Undefined word.

> > in current slof (and pray I got the build right)?
>
> Well... the flash has two "sides", temporary and permanent... you will
> only flash temporary and reboot, if the reboot fails, the BMC should
> detect, that the watchdog is not cleared, and boot from the permanent
> side.

Yes ... I think that's what I was seeing when the reboot of the self
built update failed ... It fell back to the original slof image after a
power cycle.

James