[powerstation-owners] troubleshooting non-booting powerstation

Jarod Wilson jarod at redhat.com
Wed Nov 19 10:17:13 MST 2008

Jarod Wilson wrote:
> Hey folks,
>
> I recently wound up with a rather nice looking powerstation in my lap...
> However, the thing doesn't seem to want to boot. It powers on, and I get
> the same thing every time:
>
> X1650PRO 512MB DDR2 600e/400m DDV            <blink>_</blink>
>
> Nothing beyond that, same thing on both DVI outputs, never get anything
> outputting on the debug port, as far as I can tell when I've got it
> hooked up.
>
> I've already reseated the memory and video card in the system, with no
> change in behavior. Anything obvious I'm missing here?

Okay, I managed to get it booting somehow... Seems there actually was
something accessible on the debug port, once I actually had the right
adapter in place, typing in 'boot' at the firmware prompt got me
further. Now the question is... Why is the firmware prompt only on the
debug port, and not on the vga output? (I presume its time I go poking
around in the firmware to figure that out myself).

--jarod