[powerstation-owners] Problem with PCIe Expansion Card

Adrian Reber adrian at lisas.de
Tue Nov 25 00:19:50 MST 2008

On Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 10:26:44PM -0500, Josh Boyer wrote:

> > > Where can I find this experimental firmware? TerraSofts website only has
> > > version 1.7.0-3 which I'm using right now. A link would be appreciated.
> >
> > Stefan -- Just talked to Aaron about this and I think I am understanding what
> > is happening.
> >
> > 	a) v1.7.0-3 is the latest official version which we ship
> >
> > 	b) the internal, experimental release was built by Adrian
> > 	to support a customer's proprietary PCIe card
> >
> > Adrian -- Which version do you believe is needed to support the USB v2.0 card?

The cards should work in PCIe 16x slot (which of course whould be waste
of that slot). To make it work in the 8x slot the internal, experimental
version would be required. The 1.7.0-3 has a bug with a hardcoded PCI
bus number. That is why the firmware aborts with the alignment
exception.

> The firmware is SLOF, right?  If so, then it's under a pretty open
> license.  The latest version on developerworks is 1.7.0-1, which claims
> to have support for powerstation (Bimini).

The problem with that version is that the 1.7.0-3 (which is on the
boards TerraSoft ships) has already many fixes which would need to be
added in addition to fix the alignment exceptions.

> Perhaps patches to this version could be posted for those that are
> adventurous enough to want to try it themselves.

>From what I heard the source for 1.7.0-4 (with all fixes) should be
available really "soon". As soon as "soon" happens I (or anybody else)
can build new version which can then be distributed as the next official
version.

		Adrian