[powerstation-owners] Problem with PCIe Expansion Card

Josh Boyer jwboyer at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Mon Nov 24 20:26:44 MST 2008

On Mon, 24 Nov 2008 14:46:34 -0700
Kai Staats <kstaats at us.fixstars.com> wrote:

> > > You need updated firmware. TerraSoft has an experimental release which
> > > fixes the errors you are seeing.
> > >
> > > 		Adrian
> >
> > Where can I find this experimental firmware? TerraSofts website only has
> > version 1.7.0-3 which I'm using right now. A link would be appreciated.
>
> Stefan -- Just talked to Aaron about this and I think I am understanding what
> is happening.
>
> 	a) v1.7.0-3 is the latest official version which we ship
>
> 	b) the internal, experimental release was built by Adrian
> 	to support a customer's proprietary PCIe card
>
> Adrian -- Which version do you believe is needed to support the USB v2.0 card?

The firmware is SLOF, right?  If so, then it's under a pretty open
license.  The latest version on developerworks is 1.7.0-1, which claims
to have support for powerstation (Bimini).

Perhaps patches to this version could be posted for those that are
adventurous enough to want to try it themselves.

josh