[powerstation-owners] Upgrading memory

Mel Gorman mel at csn.ul.ie
Fri Nov 28 04:19:51 MST 2008

This is an embarassingly stupid question but how is the memory meant to
be upgraded in these machines? I replaced the two old DIMMs with two of
what should be similar type;

2 x 2GB 667MHz DDR2 P2-5300 ECC REG with Parity CL5, 240 pin Dual rank.

On boot-up, it says

JS2XBlade Starting
 Build Date = Jul 22 2008 17:16:18
 FW Version = JX-1.7.0-3
 Check ROM  = OK
 Press "s" to enter Open Firmware.

U4 DDR2 memory controller setup V2.1
------------------------------------
> detected board              : BIMINI
> detected DIMM configuration :
  [ERROR -> wrong DIMM organisation in bank 0]
  [ERROR -> wrong DIMM organisation in bank 0]
> initialization failure.

I haven't been able to find a motherboard manual to determine if anything
else is required for an upgrade, what the correct type of memory is or if
there is a specific part required.

Thanks

--
Mel Gorman
Part-time Phd Student                          Linux Technology Center