[powerstation-owners] Testing and OF question ...

Sven Luther sven at powerlinux.fr
Wed Oct 29 09:55:42 MDT 2008

On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 03:47:13PM +0000, Paul Nasrat wrote:
> > That said, i have another question, concerning the OF implementation of
> > the powerstation. I tried to boot a custom CD on it, but failed at the
> > OF level.
> >
> > Is there any documentation of the powerstation firmware, and its
> > capability with regard to CD booting ?

Hi Paul,

> I successfully booted and installed Fedora 10 Alpha from DVD, by
> setting boot-device using the nvram command in the installed image. It
> installed fine but I've now got a broken box and can't get into SLOF

I tried that, but with not much luck, do you remember the exact commands
you typed for that ?

> >From what I can tell SLOF defaulted to just the disk and doesn't seem
> to be picking up USB to allow getting into it.

Yep, i always ended up booting into the disk.

> I've seen the press 's' to enter via the debug serial port but I'm not
> getting any joy.

try another usb keyboard, some seem to not work (well, i tried two, one
worked, the other not), and it is tricky to find the right moment to
press s. It is definitively possible though, since i did it.

Friendly,

Sven Luther