2.1 install problems on 8500

Jamey Osborne yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Apr 1 04:40:01 2002

I have two 8600s that use YDL on....  Close enough, right?

One option you might consider (but do some research first to corroborate
my results for your specific machine) is a bigger HD.  An earlier
response mentioned buying an old SCSI drive, but after checking around I
found that the 8600 HD isn't SCSI, but plain old ATA (i.e., IDE).  I
swapped the old 2 GB drive for a 40 GB off the Circuit City shelf and
haven't looked back!  Best $110 I've spent!  Took me longer to get the
case open than it did to change the drive and install YDL 2.1!

HTH,

Jamey Osborne