2.1 install problems on 8500

Robert Vogt IV yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Apr 1 05:44:03 2002

> One option you might consider (but do some research first to corroborate
> my results for your specific machine) is a bigger HD.  An earlier
> response mentioned buying an old SCSI drive, but after checking around I
> found that the 8600 HD isn't SCSI, but plain old ATA (i.e., IDE).  I
> swapped the old 2 GB drive for a 40 GB off the Circuit City shelf and
> haven't looked back!  Best $110 I've spent!  Took me longer to get the
> case open than it did to change the drive and install YDL 2.1!

	I'm damn sure the 7500 is SCSI, with 10 MB/s internal and external
SCSI busses... I have one, and it was damn expensive at the time (it
also was Apple's first PCI mac)... :)  It also has video I/O, tho I don't
think I ever used it..

	The 7600 was a much later model (604-based) and possessed a
similar case, but it had a different motherboard...

				-Robert Vogt IV