Modem Woes on YDL 2.1

Tyson Tate yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Apr 1 06:34:01 2002

on 4/1/02 10:17 AM, Andy Hocker at hocker@fnal.gov wrote:

> /sbin/route del default
>
> then reconnect.  If you want to know the gory details behind
> this particular bit of voodoo, consult the list archives.

Well, looking at the man pages for route, it appears to manipulate the
kernel's IP routing tables (well, delete the default route). Anyways, I'm
still unable to get it to connect to anything. It just does not resolve
anything... I've got PAP/CHAP authentication on, dynamic IP, no gateway, one
DNS, and no login script etc. Is there some importance with search domains?
Perhaps someone has a valid config that they could write out so I could see
what the discrepancies are?

-Tyson