ADSL via PPPoE

aaron yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Apr 2 02:16:01 2002

Hi All,
	I 've seen several posts lately about problems with PPPoE, namely being able
to get a connection and an IP address from the provider, but being unable to
do name resolution.  I have Verizon DSL and I'm desperately trying to get it
to work on YD Linux 2.1, but I'm encountering the DNS problem: I get
connected and get an IP address, but no name resolution.

I've read through all of the dsl-related postings here (and I've tried all of
the suggestions), and many elsewhere, but I haven't found a way to get this
to work.  Even worse, I haven't seen any postings anywhere where people
claimed to have succeeded!

For sanity purposes, has anyone been able to get ADSL using PPPoE up and
running on YD linux 2.1?  If so what did you do to get DNS working?

So far I've tried Roaring Penguin's tools, which succeeded in getting a
connection, and all of the suggestions given in the "RP-PPPoE & Verizon DSL"
thread and the other threads that discussed DSL.

Any help will be much appreciated, I really need this for work.

-Aaron