Post install fails...

Dan Burcaw yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Apr 2 14:07:01 2002

> I've installed YDL 2.2 on a PowerMac 7500 with a PowerLogix G3 card
> and ATI graphics card (don't remember which model - pretty old)
> Following the installation I want to enable both telnet and ftp
> services, so I attempt to launch the Services program. Turns out it
> is a
> python shell around more python shells - python fails dumping a lot
> of information to the console which I can't see while in X. I thought
> that I could install webmin from the .rpm packages and they fail as
> well - different error messages.

This is due to a problem in the init script for the Xautoconfig program.
It has something present in the script that confuses Red Hat's Services
program.  You can either remove Xautoconfig (rpm -e Xautoconfig  as
root) or edit /etc/init.d/Xautoconfig

and remove line 9 of that file.

This will also be addressed in an errata update pending..

-Dan