Java servlets on yellowdog

Chuck Griffith yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Apr 3 19:35:01 2002

 From a newcomer but not a newbie:

Background: I have a server running LinuxPPC with JServ serving data
off a postgresql database. I tried to add new functions that I
developed on my MacOSX computer. Turns out that I have postgresql 7.2
on MacOSX and 6.5 on LinuxPPC and all the new powerful SQL I am using
doesn't work on 6.5. I tried to upgrade to 7.2 on LinuxPPC but it
looked like it was going to require upgrading too many packages. I
figured I might as well upgrade the whole OS but of course LinuxPPC
is no more.

So... Here I am at yellowdog 2.2 with a nice new spiffy postgresql
but when I go to put my Java servlets to work, I am having trouble
finding something that works. My old JServ rpm doesn't install on
yellowdog (it doesn't say why) and I don't see any indication that
there is a Jakarta for yellowdog. I haven't given up yet on JServ but
before I beat my head against that wall I thought I would ask:

Are other people doing Java servlets? If so, with what server?

How about QMail? That isn't functioning yet either so it would be
nice to know if somebody else is sure that it works on yellowdog. I
probably just need to beat it into submission.

thanks