ADB mouse not working on 8500 with yld 2.2

Dan Burcaw yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Apr 3 23:35:02 2002

On Wed, 2002-04-03 at 23:00, Chris Plummer wrote:
> I just installed yld 2.2 on my 8500 and I can't get the mouse to work.
> This is my first time using yld. In the past I've used LinuxPPC 2000 on
> the same machine without any problems.
>
> The mouse works fine when I get to the bootx dialog, but once I click
> the "linux" button and start booting into linux, it never works again.
>
> I've chosen the "graphical login" option, so the login dialog is the
> first real evidence of the mouse not working. The adb keyboard that the
> mouse is connected to is working fine.
>
> Running "/usr/lib/yi/mouse.py" confirms that I have selected the "adb
> mouse" option and not "usb mouse". Is there anything else I can check or try?
>
> My configuration is:

Try switching to the console and edit your /etc/X11/XF86Config-4
If DRI is enabled, disable it. That should make your mouse work in
the graphical login dialog.  (Also.. does your mouse work in the
console?)