ADB mouse not working on 8500 with yld 2.2

Chris Plummer yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Apr 3 23:02:01 2002

I just installed yld 2.2 on my 8500 and I can't get the mouse to work.
This is my first time using yld. In the past I've used LinuxPPC 2000 on
the same machine without any problems.

The mouse works fine when I get to the bootx dialog, but once I click
the "linux" button and start booting into linux, it never works again.

I've chosen the "graphical login" option, so the login dialog is the
first real evidence of the mouse not working. The adb keyboard that the
mouse is connected to is working fine.

Running "/usr/lib/yi/mouse.py" confirms that I have selected the "adb
mouse" option and not "usb mouse". Is there anything else I can check or try?

My configuration is:

PowerMac 8500/120
128mb RAM
2GB scsi drive with MacOS 8.1 installed
4GB scsi drive with yld 2.2 installed
IMS Twin Turbo video card, but I'm only using the internal video
ADB keyboard and mouse (originals from when I first bought my 8500)

Chris