YDL support for USB disk drives and floppies on G3 or G4

James O'Reilly yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Apr 4 07:15:01 2002

Does anyone have a "NewWorld" system, i.e. G3 other than beige G3, with
USB ports, such as iMac, or G4, which supports a floppy or any other USB
disk drive?  According to the YDL hardware compatibility page, YDL does
not support such devices, but I have heard that Linux kernels 2.4.x do
support some such devices.  All I can get from YDL is that they are not
concerned with that configuration and that if the kernel supports it,
their distro should.  Of course, I don't know if elements of the system
other than the kernel, such as drivers, are also needed to fully implement
support for such devices.

				Jim O'Reilly