YDL 2.2 and Gnome - congrats

Robert Brandtjen yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Apr 4 23:52:02 2002

On Thursday 04 April 2002 08:14 pm, Romeyn Prescott wrote:
> I just got YDL 2.1 running on my G4.  First thing I did wasn upgrade
> to Ximian Gnome.  Has anyone here tried THAT?  Is it part of YDL 2.2?

I tried it on RH - found it very pretty, but very restrictive - I missed all
the apps from the default install in the Start menu, many many were missing.
Too much like Mac OS in that way for my tastes. I also found it a *itch to
uninstall - finally resorting to reinstalling linux period.

KDE 3.0 will not install over Ximian - please be advised of that before
installing - also, it will not uninstall itself as the docs say it will.
--
 Robert Brandtjen