Yamaha CRW 2100

Robert Serphillips yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Apr 5 12:39:01 2002

I put in my old Yamaha 8424 drive and it works fine. I set id and termination exactly the same for the two drives.
It looks as if the kernel just does not support this drive. This is odd becasue there are reports on google with people
 using this drive with kernels as old as 2.2.1x. I tried swapping ids with no luck. Please tell me I didn't spend $150 on a
 drive that won't work in linux :(

-Rob