network startup at boot

Andy Hocker yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Apr 9 09:15:01 2002

Hi,

When I have my laptop at work I use ethernet and when I'm
at home I use my modem.  So when I boot up at home, it
of course fails when trying to bring up eth0.  The annoying
thing is that it tries for like two minutes before failing.

So how can I either (a) give myself the option of
starting/not starting eth0 at boot time, or (b) decrease
the timeout for eth0 to fail?

Muchas gracias,
Andy

Andy Hocker                     office: CDF trailer 168-O
University of Rochester         phone:     (630)-840-8622
Fermilab/CDF - M.S. 318         fax:       (630)-840-2968
PO Box 500                      e:        hocker@fnal.gov
Batavia, IL  60510              hey ho:          let's go