Still no Apple 17" LCD(ADC) support?

Stephen J. Sanders yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Apr 9 12:36:01 2002

It would be nice to hear from someone who is actually using an
Apple 17" LCD and getting more than 8 bit color depth in linux. (It
was possible to get 8bit color depth in YDL 2.1 using a video card with an
ADC connector.)  With the setup that I described in my previous message
and reproduce below, the screen goes black immediately after I issue
the boot command.  If I look at /var/log/messages, the lines that look
like they might be relevant don't seem to indicate a problem:

Kernel command line: root=/dev/hda10 video=radeon:dfp
Console: colour dummy device 80x25
Calibrating delay loop... 730.72 BogoMIPS
Memory: 1025192k available (2596k kernel code, 1180k data, 312k init,
262144k highmem)
AGP special page: 0xeffff000
radeonfb: ref_clk=2700, ref_div=67, xclk=16615 from OF
radeonfb: detected DFP panel size from EDID: 1280x1024
radeonfb: detected DFP panel size from EDID: 1280x1024
Console: switching to colour frame buffer device 160x64
radeonfb: ATI Radeon QD  DDR SGRAM 32 MB
radeonfb: CRT port no monitor connected

My best guess is that somehow I managed to get a non-standard radeon card
that is not supported, or that only pci bus cards are supported (I have an
AGP card).

...steve