Running YDL 2.2 w/Cinema Display

Tim Conkling yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Apr 9 20:42:01 2002

Using "Fail Safe Mode", I can get everything to work. Of course, it runs at
8-bit, which is pretty ugly. I manually edited the configuration file after
generating the fail safe profile, and changed the bit depth to 16, and again
nothing would work. So it seems that I can only run in 8-bit, which is
disappointing.

Also, since Cinema Display is not an option in the selectable list of
monitors, which monitor should I have been choosing? And 1600x1024 (Cinema
Display resolution) is not a choice in the resolution list. Using "Fail
Safe" generates correct hsync/vsync (do these matter for an LCD) and
resolution settings -- this seems to be the only way to get these settings
without manually editing the config file.

Does anyone know why I am not able to get X started with more than 8-bit
color? Again, G4 500 DP, Radeon, Cinema Display via ADC.

Tim

on 4/9/02 9:27 PM, Dan Burcaw at dburcaw@terrasoftsolutions.com reportedly
stated:

--