palm sync

yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Apr 9 19:54:01 2002

I'm new to the list, and this seems like it must be a FAQ, but I'm not
finding it anywhere. I'm trying to sync a IIIx to my 7500 (YDL 2.2) via one
of the palm serial adapters (not a usb adapter). In KDE it'll sync to KPilot,
but not through any of the conduits. So, I say to myself, maybe it needs the
files created for it to sync to, as opposed to creating them de novo if they
don't already exist. So I create address and calendar files, point the
conduits at them, sync again, no dice. Obviously the palm is talking to the
computer (I symlinked /dev/pilot to /dev/ttyS1, changed permissions, I can
watch the progress of backup and I can choose the address view from KPilot
and see all my contacts), but how do I get it to sync with addressbook and
Korganizer?
Alternately, if anyone out there knows how to do this in Gnome, I'd switch to
using that. In Gnome, the palm times out before the computer can even find
the palm (same port settings, etc).
Option 3, if this is a faq, and I just can't think straight enough to find
it, a friendly point in the right direction would be just as appreciated.

Thanks much for any info you can provide.

Jason