YDL2.2, XFree 4.2, and OldWorld

Jon yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Apr 10 11:41:01 2002

I have a PowerMac 9600 with a ATI XClaim VR 128 in one of the lower three
slots.  YDL installed fine with the text installer.  The X installer
crashed.  After I installed I typed startx with the settings the installer
created.  It went to a black screen and didn't do anything.  It didn't quit
with an error, it just stopped.  Typing ctrl-alt-backspace didn't kill X
like it did in YDL 2.1.  Typing ctrl-alt-del restarts the computer.  I have
tried different X settings always with the same result.  Any help would be
appreciated.
    -Jon