YDL upgrade using apt-get

Ron Hale-Evans yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Apr 10 13:46:01 2002

On Wed, Apr 10, 2002 at 12:21:18PM -0700, Ron Hale-Evans wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 10, 2002 at 01:08:07PM -0600, Dan Burcaw wrote:
> > On Wed, 2002-04-10 at 12:09, Ron Hale-Evans wrote:
> > > I am having the same problem Bo Green is while upgrading to 2.2 with
> > > apt-get.  I get MD5Sum mismatches on the same packages he does
> > > (glibc-common, cdrecord, tcl, tetex, and whois) plus one more
> > > (gnome-games).
> > >
> > > I am going to change my /etc/apt/sources.list to point to a different
> > > server (maybe distro.ibiblio.org) and will report back with the
> > > results.
> > >

> > Did you try:
> >
> > apt-get dist-upgrade --fix-missing
>
> Yes, in fact I used the -f option as well.
>
> > Sometimes an md5sum mismatch happens because a file didn't
> > download correctly.  --fix-missing will try to redownload
> > those files with md5sum mismatches.
> >
> > The other thing is, a mirror might not have the files properly
> > downloaded, so try another site.  I know the psu.edu site has a complete
> > mirror.
>
> I wasn't initially using a mirror; I was using ftp.yellowdoglinux.com.
>
> ibiblio.org isn't any better; I'm going to try the fix with yup.

Well, that's just brilliant.  yup tells me I have dependency problems
and refuses to download the packages, let alone install them, even
with the --ignore-deps option.  I am now hand-FTPing the packages from
ftp.yellowdoglinux.com and will try to install them that way, then
finish the apt-get.

You know, I don't have problems like this with Debian, and that's
not a commercial distro.

Ron H-E

--
         Ron Hale-Evans ... rwhe@ludism.org & rwhe@apocalypse.org
           Center for Ludic Synergy, Seattle Cosmic Game Night,