network at bootup / kernel params

Romeyn Prescott yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Apr 10 15:23:01 2002

Somewhen around 1:38 PM -0700 4/10/02, a person believing themself to
be Nathan Buck scribbled:

>Back on the topic of troubleshooting network startup and init scripts in
>general, if you continue to have problems consider taking a look at the
>scripts themselves.  I'm not entirely clear where rh put their network
>startup section in the scripts as as I dropped the SysV init script style
>for a customized system a while ago.
>
>take a look at your /etc/inittab file and you should be able to tell
>though.

You could also mess around in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts...

I'm still thinking about this...and wondering how Apple managed it in
OS X.  It just sort of KNOWS when you change locations.

...ROMeyn
--

signat-url: http://www2.potsdam.edu/dctm/prescor/signat-url.htm
-