Searching archive of Yellow Dog mailing list

Bill Fink yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Apr 10 21:49:01 2002

On Wed Apr 10 2002, Dan Burcaw wrote:

> > > Is there any way to search for a particular topic in the archive over many
> > > months, that is, from one date to another, without having to search each
> > > month separately?
>
> No, searching is handled outside of mailman via Google.
> We found htdig to be unreliable in the past, hence the move to google.

Hi Dan,

Well I find the google search feature much less useful than the previous
search mechanism.  I just now did a search for disk and it didn't find
anything.  Even when it did work in the past, it couldn't sort matches
by date, restrict searches to a particular list, or conveniently handle
matching multiple keywords requiring a match all specification.

It probably would be a good idea also to be able to access the search
function from the main lists.terrasoftsolutions.com page.

						-Bill