Fresh Install on Mac Clone ques.?

SStrungis yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Apr 11 07:03:01 2002

Okay,

A newb question:

I just installed the 2.1 base system on a 1 GB SCSI drive on my
clone.  I would like to install KDE as well but YDL's installer gives
me an error upon the start of package transfer.  This is probably due
to a disk space shortage as the CD works fine with a larger drive
that I use at home.

I have copied all of the KDE rpm files to my /home/Scotty directory
via the CLI.  How do I install KDE from the CLI and will work with my
HD space?

This is a 1 GB drive with a 64 meg swap and no boot partition as I
already have Mac OS on another HD and use BootX to take care of the
bootloader.

Thanks!
Scott Strungis