Convince me that Yellowdog is the Linux for me!

Robert Brandtjen yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Apr 11 11:15:01 2002

On Thursday 11 April 2002 11:41 am, aaron wrote:
> How can I tell if I'm getting hardware rendering or not?  I also have
> problems with X-windows (I can only do 1024X768 display) and this may b=
> related.  I have a VERY standard video card (ATI Rage 128 16 MB) which

the card will be located in /proc/ so you would do a 'cat=20
/proc/cardname/card0' at the cli, it would be something similar to that=20
anyway. it should tell you how the card is loaded -if it isn't there, it =
is=20
not in hardware rendering mode (I think- it wouldn't be on mine) and is i=
n=20
software mode.
--=20

 Robert Brandtjen