TwinTurbo (non) support

Iain Stevenson yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Apr 12 02:11:01 2002

The truth is that the IMSTT works for some pople and others (like me) never
get the thing to work.  I have two 9600s and have put ATI cards in both of
them.

IMHO the IMSTT driver only works with a very limited range of video modes -
so if your monitor is not compatible with this range then you will not get
it to work and waste hours fruitlessly altering configuration variables.

Experimenting with X is a bit tricky - you MUST always start from a console
prompt and not the graphical login (if you already start XWindows with
'startx' don't worry about this).

You need to configure BootX to load the video driver at startup (this is
documented in many places) and select a video mode that is compatible with
your monitor.  This starts Linux with accelerated video in console mode.
You should then run Xautoconfig4 to create a configuration for X which will
be based on the working console mode acceleration.  Then start X and hope

  Iain