Service Configurator

Romeyn Prescott yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Apr 12 12:51:01 2002

Somewhen around 11:34 AM -0600 4/12/02, a person believing themself
to be Kimball Larsen scribbled:
>Ok, I want to be able to change which services are started at boot... I
>thought I should use the service configurator that is accessible via the
>KDE menu, but everytime I try it, the program crashes....
>
><snip>

>Is there another way to configure what services are started at boot?

Webmin.

http://www.webmin.com/webmin

I love it!  It makes it easy for me to do so much.

Alternatively, you can just peruse the contents of /etc/rc.d/rc.X
(where 'X' is the runlevel to which you boot) and remove that which
you do not want starting up.  "S" means "Start" and "K" means "Kill".

...ROMeyn
--

signat-url: http://www2.potsdam.edu/dctm/prescor/signat-url.htm
-