Service Configurator

Kimball Larsen yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Apr 12 11:35:01 2002

Ok, I want to be able to change which services are started at boot... I
thought I should use the service configurator that is accessible via the
KDE menu, but everytime I try it, the program crashes....

Here is the result of running it on the command line...

[root@MainEngineering quangdog]# serviceconf
Traceback (innermost last):
  File "/usr/share/serviceconf/serviceconf.py", line 438, in ?
    main()
  File "/usr/share/serviceconf/serviceconf.py", line 429, in main
    Gui()
  File "/usr/share/serviceconf/serviceconf.py", line 139, in __init__
    self.on_clstServices_select_row(None, 0, 0, None)
  File "/usr/share/serviceconf/serviceconf.py", line 213, in
on_clstServices_select_row
    self.checking_service = self.clstServices.get_text(i,1)
  File "/usr/lib/python1.5/site-packages/gtk.py", line 1218, in get_text
    return _gtk.gtk_clist_get_text(self._o, r, c)
ValueError: can't get text value

Since I don't know the first thing about python, I haven't a clue what
it is trying to do or where it is trying to get text from...

Is there another way to configure what services are started at boot?

-Kimball Larsen