crosspost: openssh allows root login by default?

Stefan Jeglinski yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Apr 12 18:09:01 2002

I have been upgrading openssh regularly as new versions come out.
It's been a long time since my original install, but I KNOW at one
point that I had disabled root logins. Imagine my surprise to find
that somewhere along the way, my root logins have been reenabled.
Either:

a) I have been hacked
b) some upgrade/install of openssh got me back to allowing root logins.

I thought root logins were disabled by default? Survey: anybody out
there with root login enabled that you didn't know about?

Stefan Jeglinski