errors running nedit over vnc

Stefan Jeglinski yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Apr 12 22:02:01 2002

Linux box running vncserver, Mac running VNCThing 2.2.

When I open nedit from a terminal in the vnc client on the Max, I get
this error in the terminal:

Name: shellMenu
Class: XmRowColumn
Manager.c:_XmManagerInstallAccelerator(2127) - Could not convert
><Key>KP_Enter< to a KeyCode
<Key>KP_Enter -> 0000ff8d -> 0

nedit does launch, but its menus are all non-printing characters.

Anyone have an idea where this comes from? I -can- run nedit in X
locally with no errors like this. It only happens running it over
VNC, but I can't tell if the problem is still with X or with the vnc
server or the vnc client...

Reason I suspect X is that the only upgrade on the box recently has
been to YDL 2.2's XFree-4.2.0 (and dependencies); vnc server and
client and nedit are the same.

Stefan Jeglinski