Forcing Ethernet speed on the iMac Rev B

Aurel Wisse yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Apr 12 22:27:00 2002

Just installed YDL 2.2 on my old iMac Rev. B without
problems. Great job Terrasoft!

However, I need to know how to force the NIC to
10Mbps, half duplex, because it can't negociate the
speed with the router (DI-704P from D-Link).

I have the same problem in the Mac OS but Apple offers
a hack (unsupported) in the form of four Extensions in
Article #60436 (Apple Ethernet Speed) one of which has
to be dropped in the Extensions folder to choose the
desired speed/(duplex,half duplex) combination..

I need a solution in YDL which I can activate on the
fly but also run at boot time in order be able to
bring the DHCP client up automatically (the router is
the server).

The driver is BMAC and it loads fine.

Thanks,

Aurel Wisse