md5sum

Dave Naylor yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat Apr 13 02:47:00 2002

Hi

On Friday 12 April 2002 23:47, Gordon Neault wrote:

> So, have a got a garbled iso, ..."

> Although it's possible the file was garbled from the start, be careful =
not
> to open or mount the ydl.iso in MacOS. This will definitely alter the
> checksum. If you still have the original (untouched) .iso file, you cou=
ld
> try checksum on that and if OK, burn it.

What I did do was to mount the iso on my TiBook before transferring it ov=
er to=20
my desktop machine for burning.  I also used prozilla to do the original=20
download.  I suppose there are a few factors there that could have=20
contributed to the garbled iso.

I'm going to try and download the iso via OSX this weekend and then quick=
ly=20
xfer it to the desktop and burn it, having checked the flippin' checksum=20
first of course.

--=20
   0   Dave Naylor
  <|>