If anyone out-there got airport going on 2.2 help

Eddie Bindt yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat Apr 13 07:37:01 2002

On Sat, 13 Apr 2002, Galen Senogles wrote:

> Hello, well, its good to hear that at least someone got airport goin on
> 2.2, well, if anybody, anybody, got airport goin with YDL 2.2 please
> help me out, im tryin everything and Im not gettin luck.  O ya by the
> way, when I run this:
>
> route del default gw "Gateway IP"
>
> I just get a syntax error, am i supposed to put my ip address? or what,
> i dont think i know my gateway id.
>
> So, if anybody has airport goin on a 2.2 help, and I guess your right, I
> probably shouldnt go down to 2.1 just cuz of airport, I guess Ill just
> have to use good ol' mac for now.

OK, I have airport running from the beginning without any problems ...

1 - airport provides me with dhcp ...

2 - no adding for routes what so ever

3 - create rc.modules

cat /etc/rc.modules
modprobe airport

that is all, rc.modules must be chmod 755 and is run once on boot time
it provides you with eth1

4 - setup ifcfg-eth1

cat /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth1
DEVICE=eth1
IPADRR=""
NETMASK=""
BOOTPROTO=dhcp
ONBOOT=yes

from now on, your normal network start and stop scripts will give you eth1
running ...
No routes to add
No dns to add
No gateways

this is enough, it works

dhcp is default provided by pump and this gives you all you need

Eddie