quick question bout video

Ryan Mesler yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat Apr 13 11:10:01 2002

ok, i got the new YDL 2.2 installed. got enlightenment, got eterm. creamed
my pants a few times. man it's fast...

anyways...

i recall during the install there was an option stating that it may be
possible to speed up video for my machine. naturally, i said "yes" as
speeding things up is always cool to do. however, upon telling
XFree86Config-4 to use 24bit color it says that my card does not support
that colour depth which it clearly does since i've run it at this depth in
other versions of YDL (and MacOS). it's using the fbdev driver. other
versions of YDL had it use the r128 driver. there looks to be more than a
few lines that needed changing in order to rectify this. what should i do?
(i ask because im real good at breaking things).

also, on a side note... the animated icon for KDE 2 has a flashing square on
it. for some reason, the animated icon bg color isn't transparent(?). it was
in YDL 2.0. i know i dont use KDE (if anyone's been paying attention to my
complaints ;) but it's just that... when things don't work... it bothers
me....

thanks all for your help.

Ryan Mesler
Technical Support
Internet America

If at first you don't succeed, call it version 1.0

ICQ: 45088864
AIM: Kraylus

P.S. if i were to reinstall YDL right quick and not opt for the video
acceleration, would that make YDL NOT use the fbdev driver?