Install on TI book

Scott yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat Apr 13 10:21:01 2002

--Boundary_(ID_xcnIBo88jHWku/p6asN2XA)

Cause: when you create the partitions as per documentation, you make: 10 MB
boot loader (appears as hfs). Then a swap partition (e.g. 128 MB swap). Then
the root partition (e.g. 3 GB, as ext2). The installer in simple mode does
then automatically assign the mount points, but incorrectly: it gives root
(/) to the 10 MB partition and does not mount the 3 GB partition. I just
have a memory hole that prevents me from precising if this occur before or
just after the partitions are formatted.

someone posted this, and suggested using the expert option to correct the mount points. Well, I've done this, a couple times now, re-burned and re-downloaded a couple times, and this same error still persists, telling me to continue manually, it seems to stop transferring packages at the same point, no matter what type of install is being used.

I have a powerbook ti g4/400mhz

--Boundary_(ID_xcnIBo88jHWku/p6asN2XA)

<HTML><HEAD>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=#000000>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial>Cause: when you create the partitions as per
documentation, you make: 10 MB<BR>boot loader (appears as hfs). Then a swap
partition (e.g. 128 MB swap). Then<BR>the root partition (e.g. 3 GB, as ext2).
The installer in simple mode does<BR>then automatically assign the mount points,
but incorrectly: it gives root<BR>(/) to the 10 MB partition and does not mount
the 3 GB partition. I just<BR>have a memory hole that prevents me from precising
if this occur before or<BR>just after the partitions are
formatted.<BR></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial><FONT size=2>someone posted this, and suggested using the
expert option to correct the mount points. Well, I've done this, a couple times
now, re-burned and re-downloaded a couple times, and this same error still
persists, telling me to continue manually, it seems to stop transferring
packages at the same point, no matter what type of install is being
used.</FONT></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial><FONT size=2></FONT></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial><FONT size=2>I have a powerbook ti
g4/400mhz</FONT></DIV></FONT></BODY></HTML>

--Boundary_(ID_xcnIBo88jHWku/p6asN2XA)--