Install on TI book

Peter M. Bagnall yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun Apr 14 11:01:01 2002

Scott,

errr, black text on black background is really hard to read!

I don't know if that's what it looks like for anyone else, but on Eudora on
my Windows box that's what I saw. I'm sure it looks more sensible to you,
but you might just want to tweak that stylesheet to include a foreground
colour as well as a background or just stick to plain colours. (a quick
look at the HTML source of your message, that's what it looked like the
problem was).

Cheers,

Mr Whingey ;-) (aka Pete!)

At 12:18 13/4/02 -0700, you wrote:
>Cause: when you create the partitions as per documentation, you make: 10 MB
>boot loader (appears as hfs). Then a swap partition (e.g. 128 MB swap). Then
>the root partition (e.g. 3 GB, as ext2). The installer in simple mode does
>then automatically assign the mount points, but incorrectly: it gives root
>(/) to the 10 MB partition and does not mount the 3 GB partition. I just
>have a memory hole that prevents me from precising if this occur before or
>just after the partitions are formatted.
>
>someone posted this, and suggested using the expert option to correct the
>mount points. Well, I've done this, a couple times now, re-burned and
>re-downloaded a couple times, and this same error still persists, telling
>me to continue manually, it seems to stop transferring packages at the
>same point, no matter what type of install is being used.
>
>I have a powerbook ti g4/400mhz

Peter M. Bagnall
Independent Software Design Consultant
Surface Effect - http://www.surfaceeffect.com/