newbie needing big help

Stefan Jeglinski yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun Apr 14 18:04:01 2002

>Everything installed, and voila, after typing
>"satrtx" it booted just fine. I hope those dep issues don't come back to
>haunt me though.

For the deps you listed, probably not. At worst, something with or
about autorun and/or kio-mac won't work.

>If it is ok, could someone explain the whole dep thing to me...is it
>simply that one program might depend on another simply to be able to
>run?

Yes. Or run correctly.

>Much appreciation!  Any suggestions on where in the Linux system would
>be good to start trying to tweak for my system...

If you don't have a fast Mac, turn off KDE eye-candy.

>I know the kernel is
>off limits to me right now, but I would like to use one of the benh
>kernels, it seems as though many PPC people prefer his.

Well, nothing against BenH's benh kernel, but I tend to stay with the
main ppc branch and even the kernel.org branch if it's known to have
included the ppc updates. The 2.4.18 kernel.org is pretty up-to-date
for instance.

Stefan Jeglinski