Monitor Energy Savings

Robert Serphillips yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun Apr 14 19:55:00 2002

Your probably in the same situation as I am. I use XFce as my desktop environment. You need to make sure the xscreenaver process is running when you log in. Normally gnome or kde will start it at login. For a while I was just launching xscreensaver and enabling the process. This got to be a pain as you have to do it every time you log in. What I did was to add this line to my
/etc/X11/gdm/Sessions/XFCE file

xscreensaver -no-splash &

This is if you use gdm as your login manager.  If not you might have to add it to your ~/.xinitrc file.
Once the process is running, and options are set in the xscreensaver gui (or in XFreeconfig file), it should work.

-Rob