Gentoo for PPC

Chayim I. Kirshen yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Apr 16 08:22:01 2002

I would just like to say (as an x86 gentooer and a long time YDLPPC guy)
that gentoo is easily the most amazing distro I have ever used.  They've
got proper packaging concepts (in their portage system) and its sweet.
I've installed rpm on top of gentoo and alien to convert debs to rpm.
Anything not in a gentoo tree I just grab from rpm using rpmfind.
Oh yeah, and did I mention it's ridiculously fast because you compile
everything for your box?

--chayim