CD's refuse to mount in YDL 2.2

Shawn Coomey yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Apr 17 23:02:01 2002

--Apple-Mail-1--3302771

Vick-

My experience is that CD's automount on a default install. you can try
this in a term window:

As root:
% mount /mnt/cdrom or
% mount /dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom
See what happens then. Based on what the output from these commands are,
maybe we can help troubleshoot.

As far as rebooting/shutting down: again in a term:
% poweroff
to shut the machine down. and
% reboot
to restart the machine instead.

Shawn

On Thursday, April 18, 2002, at 01:20 AM, Vick Griffin wrote:

> Just completed my installation of YDL 2.2 on my G4 Sawtooth, 448mb ram,
> GeForce 2MX, 3 separate partitions between 2 diff. HD's - 9, X, & YDL
> 2.2.
> Things went relatively smooth after a couple of fits and starts, but
> I've
> booted into YDL and I'm looking over KDE (snappy interface, lots of OSX
> similarities) but when I click on the cd icon I'm told that I can't
> mount
> the disc (the disc in question is the Tasty Morsels disc that came with
> my
> YDL package). I'm assuming that one treats the cd icon like the Mac
> icon, or
> is there something else I should do to "open" the contents of a cd?
> Oh, and
> one more thing: how the heck does one restart or turn off one's computer
> within YDL?  Thanks in advance!
>
> Vick Griffin

--Apple-Mail-1--3302771

Vick-

My experience is that CD's automount on a default install. you can try
this in a term window:

As root:

<bold>% mount /mnt/cdrom </bold>or

<bold>% mount /dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom</bold>

See what happens then. Based on what the output from these commands
are, maybe we can help troubleshoot.

As far as rebooting/shutting down: again in a term:<bold>

% poweroff</bold>

to shut the machine down. and

<bold>% reboot</bold>

to restart the machine instead.

Shawn

<excerpt>Just completed my installation of YDL 2.2 on my G4 Sawtooth,