need music...h/k soundsticks

Jonathan Metts yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Apr 18 20:34:01 2002

OK, this has finally started to bug me.  When ever I work on my computer
I need music.  Well, i am new to linux and therefore have been simply
been getting familar with YDL.  Well, I have been using mol to run
itunes to listen to my collection of mp3s and playlists.  Well, i have
aboput had it with having to listen through the mac oneway speaker on my
machine.

Long story...sorry!  I have the Harman/Kardon Soundsticks and Sub.  They
are wonderful in OS 9 and OS X, but they don't seem to work with Linux.
They are recognized as USB Harman/Kardon, but sound won't play through
them.

OK... I am a newbie and still don't know much.  Am i out of luck with
these Soundsticks, because of a lack of a driver, or can this be done.
What do i need to config and where.  I need "baby steps"

Much appreciation!