Wow - leave the one button mouse alone

Christopher Murtagh yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Apr 19 09:10:00 2002

On Fri, 19 Apr 2002 cbsled@ncia.net wrote:
>But you think shift-function-control-option-command-click is easier for
>these people to remember?

 IMHO, this is just bad software design. The one nice thing about having a
single button mouse is that it forces interface designers to think a bit
more about their design. As much as I'm addicted to my 2 button + wheel
mouse, I can see it being a crutch to bad interface design so I'm glad
that they're not standard.

 It really is incredible how bad most interfaces are too. Ever notice how
most ATMs, when asking you how much $ you want to withdraw, let you ask
for $0.20? What kind of brain dead interface is that? Of course the
machine can't let you withdraw 20 cents! This sort of brain dead design is
*everywhere* unfortunately.

Cheers,

Chris

--