D-Link DFE-650 in PB 2400

Tom Rymes yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Apr 19 15:04:01 2002

Hi there,

I use a Global Village PowerPort PLatinum Pro combo card in MacOS. I
haven't verified, but I don't think that card is usable under Linux.

However, I have a D-link 16-bit 10/100 card (Model DFE-650) that is
supported under PPC according to the list of supported cards at
http://pcmcia-cs.sourceforge.net/ftp/SUPPORTED.CARDS

However, I can't seem to get it to work. Admittedly, I have never tried
anything with PCMCIA under Linux before, so I have no idea what I am
doing.

Using 'cardctl status'I get the following:

Socket 0:
   3.3V 16-bit PC Card
   function 0: [ready]
Socket 1
   5V 16-bit PC Card
   function 0: [ready], [wp]

Then, if I issue a 'cardctl config' command:

Socket 0:
   Vcc 3.3V Vpp1 3.3V Vpp2 3.3V
Socket 1:
   Vcc 5.0V Vpp1 5.0V Vpp2 5.0V

The Card in socket 1 is the D-Link DFE-650 Network card, while the card
in Socket 0 is a PCMCIA Compact Flash card that I would also like to get
working.

The 'cardinfo' program is not installed on this system, but I found a
replacement on FreshMeat. I have no easy way to transfer it from my
other computer without a network card.

Any ideas? My config is as follows:

PowerBook 2400c/180 (original 603ev, not a G3)
80MB RAM, Running YDL 2.2 and the 2.4 kernel included with the distro.

One note: PCMCIA doesn't seem to load under the 2.2 kernel, but pmud
fails at boot time under the 2.4 kernel

Also, is there a way to eject PCMCIA cards without resorting to a
paperclip? The eject buttons on the 2400 don' work.

Thank You,

Tom