KDE crashing constantly

Scott Alan Burch yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat Apr 20 11:00:00 2002

I was adjusting some preferences in KDE after freshly installing 2.2 on a
9500 with a G3 375mhz upgrade installed, 300+ MB RAM, and an ATI Mach64 card.

The preferences -- specifically the one where you can make KDE look like
SGI -- I applied locked my computer up solid. I did a hard reboot from the
keyboard and launched KDE from a text log-in as user and --- immediately
got a bomb message that the splash screen app had crashed --- and then got
a succession of crash messages: KCMInit, then ksplash, then kicker, then
alarmd.

Then the Yellow Dog wallpaper loads for a split second and then crashes,
reloads then crashes, in that cycle indefinitely until I kill the X server.

What should I do here?

thanks ## scott

Accom <=> Powered by Abekas
Digital Editing Systems, Servers & HD Disk Recorders
Scott Alan Burch / Southwest Regional Sales Manager
Accom, Inc.   www.accom.com
(281) 564-5815  <>  e-fax  (530) 698-6788  <>  office fax (281) 564-8857