D-Link DFE-650 in PB 2400

Timothy A. Seufert yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat Apr 20 14:22:01 2002

At 12:35 PM -0700 4/20/02, Pete Peters wrote:
>Tom,
>
>Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but IIRC there is no PCMCIA support for the
>Powerbook 1400, 2400, and 5300 laptops. The only networking you can do is
>thru the serial port at a blistering 57600kps.

That's news to my 2400, in use as a Linux gateway with two network
cards installed.  :)

Unfortunately for Tom I don't really know what advice to give him --
it sounds like the PCMCIA subsystem is up and running, and once I got
to that stage I was able to make my PCMCIA ethernet card work.  Tom,
have you set up /etc/pcmcia/network.opts?

--
Tim Seufert