Issues with new PowerBook 2400 Install

Timothy A. Seufert yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat Apr 20 14:42:01 2002

At 4:59 PM -0400 4/19/02, Tom Rymes wrote:

[question 1 about X11]

I don't use X11 on my 2400 any more so unfortunately I can't help you there.

>2.) Short of editing my .bashrc file, is there a way to make the 'trackpad
>drag' setting persist after a reboot?

Look at /etc/sysconfig/mouse -- the last line should be something like:

TRACKPAD_OPT=notap

Change "notap" to whatever you like; this setting will be applied
during startup.

>3.) I am trying to get a D-Link DFE-650 16-bit PCMCIA Ethernet card to
>work. I have no idea what I am doing. More verbose post to follow.

As per my last post, I'm not sure what's going on.

>4.)What are the best ways to go about setting up power management on
>this machine? I'd like to be able to specify sleep times and monitor
>battery life.

Another thing which I don't do on my 2400 due to how I use it (as a
gateway machine that's on AC power all the time).

>5.) Does the floppy work? What would be the correct command to issue to
>mount it?

Yes, it works.  The command:

mount /mnt/floppy

or, if you don't want to use the default /mnt/floppy mount point,

mount /dev/fd0 /your_mount_point_path_here

You can also edit /etc/fstab to specify mount points for just about anything.

--
Tim Seufert