Issues with new PowerBook 2400 Install

Tom Rymes yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Apr 19 15:00:01 2002

Hi there, folks,

Just installed YDL 2.2 on my 2400c/180 last night. Have a few problems I
was hoping someone might be able to help with:

1.) If I let Xconfigurator do its thing, X gets stuck on a black screen.
If I choose "Failsafe" it works in 8-bit. If I edit
'/etc/X11/XF86Config-4' and change "DefaultDepth" to 16, 16-bit video
works, but looks wacky (colors all messed up) I have tried setting the
video options in boot-X, as well as leaving them blank. I have also
unchecked the "Force Video" box in the BootX options, No change.

2.) Short of editing my .bashrc file, is there a way to make the
'trackpad drag' setting persist after a reboot?

3.) I am trying to get a D-Link DFE-650 16-bit PCMCIA Ethernet card to
work. I have no idea what I am doing. More verbose post to follow.

4.)What are the best ways to go about setting up power management on
this machine? I'd like to be able to specify sleep times and monitor
battery life.

5.) Does the floppy work? What would be the correct command to issue to
mount it?

I know some of this is RTFM material (floppy) but I have searched around
on the other items and no luck.

Any help appreciated,

Tom