ADB keyboard mapping in XFree86 4.2 partially screwed up

Robert M. Fuhrer yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat Apr 20 19:53:01 2002

The keyboard mapping for my ADB keyboard is partially screwed
in XFree86 4.2; most of the keys are fine, but the cluster of keys
containing the cursor keys, home/end + page up/down are all
generating weird crap.

The keyboard was completely buggered until I selected the
"104-key PC" layout in the KDE keyboard control panel.
Now it's just these few keys.

I tried a few other layouts (discounting those that seemed like
they just *had* to be wrong), but nothing gave any better results.

This keyboard worked just fine w/ XFree86 4.1(? if I correctly
remember the version of XFree86 I was running before this).

Here're the relevant portions of my XF86Config-4:

Section "ServerLayout"
	Identifier	"My XFree86 Config"
	Screen		0		"Screen0" 0 0
	InputDevice	"Mouse0"	"CorePointer"
	InputDevice	"Keyboard0"	"CoreKeyboard"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
	Identifier	"Keyboard0"
	Driver		"keyboard"

	Option		"CustomKeycodes"
	Option		"XkbModel"	"macintosh_old"
	Option		"XkbLayout"	"us"
EndSection

Clues, anyone?  The XFree86 documentation leaves alot to be
desired when it comes to Mac support...

Cheers,
  -- Bob